A final update on this project.
Summary of issues:
- Loss of connection to Blackboard Collaborate: Resolved
- Unable to send external emails: Resolved
- Course list not displaying correct hierarchy. Resolved
- SSO for Workflow and MyBlog not working Resolved
- Un-enrolling users – In Progress – this is not a bug or an issue with Moodle but related to the SITS project. This will be resolved when we switch on the data feeds from SITS next week.
- New student applicants not showing as enrolled in Moodle: – In Progress – this is not a bug or an issue with Moodle but related to the SITS project. The Registry team are still working on enrolling new applicants in SITS and this work is expected to be complete by the end of July ready for pre-sessional activities in Moodle starting in August.
As part of moving Moodle in house we have also increased Moodle’s security and implemented https. Content that has been embedded in Moodle sites using iframes may not display if the content comes from a third party webiste which doesn’t allow or support https.
It’s important to note that this is not Moodle or the UAL environment which is preventing this from working – it’s actually the browser. The reason for this behaviour is that it’s seen as a security risk to mix http and https content in one page.
As many browsers are now moving to support https many websites will be converting their sites accordingly, so this problem will gradually be less and less of a problem. If embedded content isn’t working because https isn’t supported, then the only option is to use a regular link to point to the content, rather then embed it into a Moodle site.
Moodle is now fully back in service and colleagues are able to edit their course sites. If there are any issues or problems in using Moodle that you feel have arisen from this recent work, please do report these to firstname.lastname@example.org for the team to investigate.