For more detail about Moodle hosting please read the longer version – Moving Moodle Hosting to UAL
When we first moved to Moodle from Blackboard back in 2012 there was insufficient capacity, resource and expertise within UAL to host a platform as complex and heavily used as Moodle. Since then, however, IT has acquired state-of-the-art hosting facilities in Slough, and re-organisation of the Digital Learning Team has helped build strong and collaborative working relationships with IT Services, placing expertise and resource where most appropriate to manage and maintain a robust and reliable service.
These developments have enabled us to review our hosting options, and over the past couple of months IT Services have been designing and building a prototype environment that has allowed us to assess the feasibility of hosting Moodle in-house. The testing and assessment of the prototype was highly successful and the decision has been taken to transfer Moodle hosting from our current provider to being managed and supported by UAL’s IT Services teams.
- Tuesday July 3rd – Hosting switched to UAL. Moodle out of Service.
- Wednesday 4th July – Digital learning Team Testing. Moodle out of Service
- *Thursday 5th July – UAL Final User Acceptance Testing
- *Friday 6th July – Final proceed / roll-back decision.
- Monday 9th July – Moodle back in service 2018_19 course sites available for rollover
* Moodle will be available, but users should note that if any critical issues arise during UAT and the decision is made to Roll back and not change our hosting arrangements all changes made in Moodle during these dates will be lost and not recoverable.